Re: [hylafax-users] T38modem and Hylafax issues

On Nov 29, 2007 11:53 PM, Jennifer Eyrich <jce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I sent another fax from the cli and this is what they syslog returned
>
> Nov 29 17:47:06 ralums FaxSend[21219]: usage: faxsend -m deviceID [-t
> tracelevel] [-l] qfile

You have to run "sendfax" and not faxsend.

As for the error
  :~# sendfax -n -h ttyx0@ -d 0123 /usr/README
  textfmt: No font metric information found for "Courier-Bold".

either run once
# faxsetup
and then retry, or instead of "/usr/README" (which I assume is a text
file) use a postscript or pdf file.

> note;  faxgetty ttyx0, the command line did hang, when I ctrl+C, it
> closed the connection

Edit /etc/inittab and add
x0:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyx0
x1:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyx1
then
# init q
then faxgetty will be run automatically in the background at once and
then at every boot

Add the t38modem command to /etc/rc.local so it will start at boot

--
giulioo@xxxxxxxxx