Re: [hylafax-users] rx fax layout.

I saw this example in the man page

f you have a long image, it may be split in several pages:
tiff2ps -h11 -w8.5 -H14 -L.5 foo.tif > foo.ps
The page size is set to 8.5x11 by -w and -h options. We will accept a small amount of vertical compression, so -H set to 14. Any pages
between 11 and 14 inches will be fit onto one page. Pages longer than 14 inches are cut off at 11 and continued on the next page. The
-L.5 option says to repeat a half inch on the next page (to improve readability).

I receive legal size and normal letter size ..how does that work with the below options. Can I use a variable from Hylafax to pass the requested paper size?

-h     Specify the vertical size of the printed area (in inches).
-w     Specify the horizontal size of the printed area (in inches).

Lee Howard wrote:
You probably want to look into using the tiff2ps -h and -w command options.

Lee.

Shawn Henderson wrote:

Knowing this why does a document being printed to the same printer print normally but the tiff2ps fax prints as it does? Is this a function of the printer driver?
thanks

Lee Howard wrote:

Shawn Henderson wrote:

Faxes are working great .. I have one question currently. When a fax is recieved that is less than the full page it is received at the bottom of the page . Is there a setting I can change to make the half page read from top down instead from bottom up. I hope this is clear I thought it would be a little easier to explain..
thanks

The origin in Postscript (and PDF) is the bottom-left corner of the page. Thus when tiff2pdf or tiff2ps does its work it places it at the bottom (and left).

Hopefully that gives you a start on where to look to make adjustments or modifications to see how to get it repositioned.

Text inserted by Panda IS 2008:

This message has NOT been classified as spam. If it is unsolicited mail (spam), click on the following link to reclassify it: http://localhost:6083/Panda?ID=pav_6909&SPAM=true&path=C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\shawn\Local%20Settings\Application%20Data\Panda%20Software\AntiSpam

Text inserted by Panda IS 2008:

This message has NOT been classified as spam. If it is unsolicited mail (spam), click on the following link to reclassify it: http://localhost:6083/Panda?ID=pav_7105&SPAM=true&path=C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\shawn\Local%20Settings\Application%20Data\Panda%20Software\AntiSpam