Re: [hylafax-users] Newbie setup help: Debian/Ubuntu

Hi Giuseepe and Lee:

Thank you both very much for the suggestions. I ended up creating yet another clean install of ubuntu and installing the hylafax-server and hylafax-client packages.

After running faxaddmodem, installing a new physical modem (apparently my PCI modem wasn't up to snuff), and rebooting several times to get the changes to take (I haven't figured out how to alert the hylafax software that it needs to reread it's configuration) it worked!

I'm not sure which version of hylafax the ubuntu distro has, but I had to use the old syntax for the caller ID information. CIDName and CIDNumber.

Now I just need to putter around with scripts for handling the fax once it arrives.

Thank you all for your help!

Sincerely,
Ben

Giuseppe Sacco wrote: