[hylafax-users] Distinctive ring problems with Conexant modem

I'm trying to get faxing to work with hylafax, on a line with a separate number
and distinctive ring for the fax. Voice or data support are not needed at this
point. I'm playing with a conexant-based Netcomm IG1000 modem module. Ring
cadences for incoming voice and fax calls are different, the modem reports
"RING" for both, as well as DRON= DROF= numbers.

Problem 1: default settings don't recognise cadences
(WFR: received cadence = 0, 0, 0, 0, 0), I have to explciitly set DRingOff and
DRingOn to DROF= and DRON=. Minor issue.

Problem 2: The manual
(http://www.hylafax.org/man/current/hylafax-config.4f.php) is referred to as
ultimate reference when googling, but is inadequate in explaining the
DistinctiveRings: setting. The example is for leading/trailing DRingOff values
ignored. Should I not ignore them? I get:
WFR: received cadence = 4, -13, 4, 0, 0
This doesn't work: DistinctiveRings:  F-4-13-4
The modem never picks up.

Problem 3: The cadence numbers reported by the modem with DRON/DROF and logged
with the WFR: lines fluctuate by 1 sometimes every other time. Is hylafax
expected to cope with that: If not, will something like this work:

DistinctiveRings:  F-4-13-4,F-3-14-3,F-4-14-3

Although the number of permutations is quite high.

Problem 4: The first ring generated by the phone company for a fax call is
different from all the subsequent ones. Is hylafax able/expected to cope with
that?

I am using hylafax 4.3.0.

Thanks for any help,

Volker