Re: [hylafax-users] /dev/ttyUSB0 & multiline system.

Eliran Itzhak wrote:

I've connected a serial modem using a USB2Serial cable, which device is called /dev/ttyUSB0.
When running faxaddmodem on /dev/ttyUSB0 it works fine, but faxstat -s never shows that modem.
to bypass that I had to " ln ttyUSB0 ttyS5" in /dev, and rename config.ttyUSB0 to config.ttyS5. this way everything works.
Is that a problem or an issue with hylafax ?

I've never heard of that problem before. Normally, however, you would run 'faxaddmodem ttyUSB0' (omitting the /dev/ part).

Seconds question :
After adding a new modem (to the total of two) is there anything I need to do to make the two service the regular fax queue ?

No, it should "round-robin" between the two modems automatically for outbound jobs... unless you alter the default "ModemPriority" settings for the modem (see 'man hylafax-config').