Re: [hylafax-users] Need better tiff split

True but it's kind of a kludge and takes much longer to process. What I really don't understand is why tiffsplit was written to use letters for the different files rather than numbers. Using sequence letters, aaa, aab, aac, aad..., is just not as quick as using numbers, 1,2,3,4..., in bash shell as other languages but oh well, I'll get through it.

FWIW, It sure would be nice if tiffsplit could be updated with more options for spliting files. Adding sequence numbers and page ranges would be really useful.

Well back to the bash manual to see how to code sequence letters.