[hylafax-users] PDF Attachment Corruption

Hello everyone,

I have searched online for this solution and nothing seems to have fixed it yet.

Once I receive a fax, I have hylafax send a PDF copy of it to my email account. In each case, the PDF file is 0kb and is not opening (obviously).

I read where I needed to make sure ENCODING was set to base64 - and it is.My setup.cache has the following entries:
ENCODING='base64'
MIMENCODE='/usr/bin/uuencode' (Note that I have tried "mimencode" here as well.)
UUENCODE='/usr/bin/uuencode'

I have also made sure that metamail and sharutils were installed (via apt-get). I tried to verify that base64-encode was installed via apt-get but it says that there is no such package. These bits of information I gathered from a previous post by Lee H.

I also tried adding "ENCODING=Base64;" to FaxDispatch as mentioned by Chin in the mailing list.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I just have a stock "faxrcvd" file and my FaxDispatch file currently looks like:

ENCODING=Base64;
SENDTO=user@xxxxxxxxxx;
FILETYPE=pdf;

Thanks,