Re: [hylafax-users] Brooktrout TR114. Is it necessary to use Hyla-fax Enterprice version?

Claus Kvolsgaard Jensen. Frode Laursen A/S wrote:

So this mean the only way to use my existing brokktrout card is to buy a Hylafax enterprice version.

I realize that the Brooktrout card was probably a large investment for you or for someone at the time of its purchase. That said, their value dimishes greatly upon resale. Notice that on eBay the TR114 sells for under US$200. So, I would suggest that keeping the TR114 in-play is not worth another US$1000 investment.

I would suggest selling the card and getting whatever you can out of it that way. Then purchase an OpenVOX D110P for $350 and use Asterisk and IAXmodem in conjunction with HylaFAX+ to get where you want to be. The setup is a bit more-involved, yes, but not only will the initial investment be $700 less-expensive, but you'll have a greater number of avenues for support (as it's entirely open-source).

Thanks,