Re: [hylafax-users] Brooktrout TR114. Is it necessary to use Hyla-fax Enterprice version?

Claus Kvolsgaard Jensen. Frode Laursen A/S wrote:

I am running a Hylafax server 4.4.2 on a SUSE Enterprise 9.0 server.

Today I am using 6 Lasat safire 560 class 1 modems, and that works fine.

However I would like to upgrade the modems to a Brooktrout TR114 4 channel ISDN card (PCI) and use 2 ISDN2 lines with 3 or 4 numbers on each line and then use DID to route faxes.

My problem is just that i can't find out how to install the TR114 via faxaddmodem.

I did search the net but i allways end up with sites where I have to buy the HYLA-fax Enterprise version for 995$. Acording to them that should support Brooktrout TR114 and TR3104...

Is there no other way??

Brooktrout's TR114 has a proprietary interface, one that requires usage of the Brooktrout API. The open-source versions of HylaFAX do not support that proprietary API.

There are ISDN alternatives to the TR114 that will use standard interfaces for HylaFAX. Search through the mailing list archives, and you'll find them.

Thanks,