Re: [hylafax-users] Best modem parameters

On Sep 19, 2007, at 4:50 PM, Fabrizio Capannini wrote:

Hi , guys

This is the first time I 'm working with hylafax !

I have a little problem to solve : I have configured my hylafax to broadcast a fax to multiple destinations , but there are too many attemps failed to good numbers ( verified ) . Looking on logs , I understand that my modems place the call and wait for a short period of time the response from the remotes ; if it not receive any response close the call and start again the operation . I verify that there are a lot of remote modems which have a time delay to respond to an incoming call that no respect the time delay of my modems . ( I think that this is the real problem ! )

Is there a a configuration parameter to mdify the time delay a modem wait to a response after placing a call ?

Hi Fabrizio,

What modem are you using and in what Class?

Dave