Re: [hylafax-users] Best modem parameters

>failed to good numbers ( verified ) . Looking on logs , I understand that my modems place the call and wait for a short period of time the >response from the remotes ; if it not receive any response close the call and start again the operation . I verify that there are a lot of remote

It is not clear to me if the 'wait for a short period of time' is a modem time out or a hylafax timeout. If you are using a modem that has a "Hayes compatable, AT interface," setting S7, which is the Wait for carrier before hanging up signal to a big number may help. The range is 1-255 seconds, with 50 seconds as the default. The register is set to the binary equivalent of 50 decimal. May be you need to set the value higher.

It could be that Hylafax is terminating the modem sequence. You would have to look at the hylafax logs to see what events cause the program to exit while trying to connect. That should provide insight as to the state of the modem.
John

Fabrizio Capannini wrote:
Hi , guys

This is the first time I 'm working with hylafax !

I have a little problem to solve : I have configured my hylafax to broadcast a fax to multiple destinations , but there are too many attemps failed to good numbers ( verified ) . Looking on logs , I understand that my modems place the call and wait for a short period of time the response from the remotes ; if it not receive any response close the call and start again the operation . I verify that there are a lot of remote modems which have a time delay to respond to an incoming call that no respect the time delay of my modems . ( I think that this is the real problem ! )

Is there a a configuration parameter to mdify the time delay a modem wait to a response after placing a call ?

I' m sorry for my English

Thanks in advance

Regards