Re: [hylafax-users] Problem with receiving, pages are not complete

* Jonny Berthiaume <jberthiaume@xxxxxxxxxx> [070919 10:46]:
> Hi,
>
> I got a problem with my setup. About 20% of my faxes are received with
> missing lines on the pages.
>
> For example, I receive a fax of 4 pages. In these 4 pages, the first
> is complete up to the half of the page, the second has the same
> problem, the third is complete but the fourth is suffering from the
> same problem. I do have a log for this case, but I will put it at the
> bottom of this message. You will notice that I don't receive all the
> expected lines, but I can't figure out why.
>
> Another example, which is a more common problem to me, is I receive a
> fax of 3 pages. The first is complete, the second is only complete to
> the 3/4 of the page and the last is complete to the half. I don't have
> the log under my hand right now, but when I looked at it I have seen
> the number of received row/lines getting lower and lower every page.

ECM might help, as might any of the other hundreds of bug fixes and
protocol enhancements accumulated in HylaFAX over the last 5 years.

> I use a very old setup, HylaFAX 4.1.5 on Slackware 8.1. I got 3
> Multitech 5634-NV-ZPX modems and the 2 problems occur on all of them.
> Upgrade is not an option, don't mention it.

OK.

	tag HYLAFAX-4_1_5

	commit 4aacf5fafef673e4ed12fcb4eecd78cba3281cc1
	Author: Darren Nickerson <darren.nickerson@xxxxxxxx>
	Date:   Tue Oct 22 03:39:32 2002 +0000

#2 may or may not be fixable.  #3 is most likely not anything you can
fix.

That said, HylaFAX 4.1.5 didn't handle the corruption in the data stream
very well.  4.4 might not handle it well either, but unfortunately, we
won't know.  But there have been lots of fixes/enhancements to the
non-ECM data and copy quality code in HylaFAX since October 2002.  And
with ECM, you can know you get the image the sender sends.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103