Re: [hylafax-users] Problem authenticating through PAM

Klaus Rörig wrote:

But it seams that
HylaFax cannot deal with encrypted passwords in the mySQL DB. I had to
set 'crypt=0' in my PAM module for auth to work.

The hfaxd communication communicates passwords in plain text. If the underlying authentication mechanism has the password stored with encryption then it will need to do whatever it needs to do to authenticate the plain text password against the encrypted password. This is a function of the authentication module itself, and not hfaxd/HylaFAX proper. So you may want to direct this to the pam_mysql forums.

Thanks,