Re: [hylafax-users] Document conversion failed

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, James Rich wrote:

When we submit very large numbers of faxes with PDF attachments the following error message often appears:

Your job to XXXXXXXXX was not sent because document conversion
failed.  The output from the converter program was:

statuscode:347

Check any PostScript documents for non-standard fonts and invalid constructs

Ok, I think we've solved this problem. The good news is that hylafax is innocent. Thanks Darren and Lee we tracked this problem down to the way we were creating our own cover pages. When we created them, we reused the same filename over and over. That meant that if a cover page was created using fewer bytes than the one before the result would have garbage at the end. We've fixed our program and now everything is fine.

Thank you everyone for your help. HylaFAX worked perfectly and everyone was very helpful even when the problem was with our own software.

James Rich

It's not the software that's free; it's you.
	- billyskank on Groklaw