Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax windows client with network authentication in LDAP

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 10:57:03 -0500
"Chris Weiss" <cweiss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 9/4/07, Igor Neves <igor@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yes, but my *main* question, it's about the client, not about the
> > server, not only the server have to follow ldap auth's, the client
> > should send them too.
>
> the client has to auth to the service, and the service is hfaxd.  the
> client can only use auth systems that the service supports, and
> currently that is plain text only.

Yes, but i was speaking about some network auth protocols, you cannot
use in one windows user session, his password over the network, as you
wish.

We have to use network auth protocols that do all that stuff, in some
"secure way".

And you don't have any where, to get the password on one windows
session the password to inject it, automatically in the hylafax client.

We need client sending the ID or HASH or whatever the network protocol
uses, to auth into the hfaxd as you said, yes of course hfaxd have to
manage it too.

Cheers.

---------
Igor Neves <igor.neves@xxxxxxxx>