Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax windows client with network authentication in LDAP

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 10:41:27 -0500
"Chris Weiss" <cweiss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 9/4/07, Igor Neves <igor@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I don't know nothing about Kerberos, but something like NTLM would
> > be great, but not only the server side need to support that auth,
> > the client as to do it too.
> >

> well, you said active directory which uses kerberos, unless you
> enabled mixed mode then it will accept NTLM as well
>
> either way, I'm not sure FTP supports that kind of auth, and hfaxd
> protocol is based on ftp

Don't know about hylafax FTP implementation, but yes FTP protocol can
support multiple of this auth protocols, it's something about Security
Extensions.

Here is the rfc, i think we should follow and support
(http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2228.php).

Cheers.
---------
Igor Neves <igor.neves@xxxxxxxx>