Re: [hylafax-users] Limiting concurrent calls via DID?

newsgroup wrote:

I am wondering if it is possible to limit the number of concurrent calls placed to a single DID?

I have an Eicon PRI fax card, so I have 23 lines of fax available. If I want to give a certian fax number two lines, and no more than two lines, can I limit that someway with the DID ( DAD: ) information?

Right now, we're doing an ugly method of setting individual TTYs to listen to a specific number. That only works well if you have less than 23 DIDs that you care about. Until recently, that was the case. Now we have more than 23 DIDs, some of which only need 1 line available, some need more than 1 (if it is available)... So, we're trying to figure out a way to limit based on that info. I'm pretty sure I could use some part of the dynamic config to do this, but I didn't want to write a daemon or some other app to check for concurrency if someone else had already done it, or if there is a mechanism within Hylafax designed for this already.

There is no mechanism in HylaFAX already for this kind of thing. You easily could do it with DynamicConfig and HylaFAX+'s extended "faxstat" display capability. (Just call faxstat from DynamicConfig, check to see how many DID:some_number lines you already have going, and use RejectCall accordingly.)

Also, I've looked through the handbook and searched the archives, but I'm not finding alot of information about routing faxes based on the DID (DAD) info either. Currently, with each TTY bound to a specific number, it was easy to just set each faxgetty to a different directory. How do I do this with the DID info?

You route based on $CALLIDn (where "n" is a number based on the placement of the matching CallIDPattern found in your modem config file) instead of $DEVICE in your FaxDispatch file. There is a small snippit of information on it here:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/tweaking.php#ss6.10

More here:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/faxrcvd.php