[hylafax-users] Sendfax Sendmail Tweak and Other Questions

Hi,

I'm trying to get sendmail to accept email messages and forward to a fax machine.  I made the modifications recommended in the Hylafax documention in the sendmail.mc file to work with faxmail.  This modification works great as far as sending plain text but I'm not sure how to get it to work with pdf attachments.  I've had better luck on the command-line with sendfax in regards to sending pdf attachments to the fax machine.  Has anyone been successful with setting up a rule in the sendmail.mc for sendfax?

As I mentioned, I was successful with using sendfax (on the commandline) but I can't get the (from) voice number or (from) fax number to show up on the cover page of the fax.

Here is the command line I'm using to test.  I would eventually like to get this to work in sendmail directly.  testfile2 is just a standard email message in mbox format with a pdf attachment.  Just substituted the phone numbers.

cat testfile2|/usr/bin/sendfax -n -f Keith -V 4109999991 -W 4109999990 -d Keith@14109999992

Not sure if the numbers need to be in a special format or the order of the options is incorrect?

Ideally, in the end, I'd like to have the following occur

1.  Email message comes in to the mail server by someone sending a message to Keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (This part is working now with faxmail).

If the message has a pdf attachment, it is included in the fax.

2.  The sender's name, voice phone number, and fax phone number show up on the cover page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions