Re: [hylafax-users] Distinctive ringing

On Monday 11 June 2007 11:34, Michael Hallager wrote:
> The version is 4.3.4
> I'm using a USR Sportster modem for this test.
>
> Opening up a terminal program and dialing the modem, it reports "RING" on
> either number.....
>
> Telco setup is a POTS line.

That's your problem!  You should be seeing "RING RING" for a normal double
ring, "RING" for a French-style long single ring or maybe "RING RING RING"
for a triple ring, depending which number you called.  Check your modem
manual for the appropriate command to enable distinctive ring recognition and
to see what the results should be for each ringing envelope.

I think some modems may even produce a more complex report giving the actual
on and off timings of each ring.

--
AJS
(insert figure one before at sign if replying off-list)