Re: [hylafax-users] Location of Hylafax-config file

John Warren wrote:

If I'm reading the documentation correctly the hylafax-configuration is call "config" and is located in the "etc" directory. When I look at that file there are only a few lines in it.

The faxq configuration file is usually /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config. Each modem has a config file, too, in /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config.<devid>. hfaxd also has a configuration file in hfaxd.conf (among others).

Questions:

Am I looking at the correct file?

If yes, might I assume the file only contains changes to the default values?

Not necessarily. The values given may also be defaults themselves... so it may be safe to just remove the line... or it may not... it just depends. Consult the 'hylafax-config' man page:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/hylafax-config.php