Re: [hylafax-users] Notify attachments missing in Hylafax+ 5.1.4

I got it working again, thanks a lot!

Unfortunately, one more thing  came out.  When I  send faxes by attaching pdfs, it sends pdfs perfectly, correctly notifying and attaching the original pdf.  Problem is that the fax part compiled automatically by the To: From: Subject: Body: etcetera comes as a chopped pdf, first lines are missing.  More precisely, the To: and From: fields are missing, and you can see a slight hint of the missing From: field thanks to the tails given by 'long' letters,  such as g and q that pop out attached to the top border.  Just a bunch of dots on the top of the page.

The Subject: and Body: fields are right on top, as if the page is "chopped".  I attached the pdf as a demonstration of what I'm talking about.

I checked the notify script, looked into the encoding functions.  They do exactely what I can do from command line with the  doc??.ps relative to the fax we are talking about.  In a shell, 'ps2pdf doc??.ps' works, and the outcoming pdf is perfect.  So why shouldn't the output be correct when converted by notify?  Who knows...

Thanks in advance,
On 5/24/07, Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Marcello Golfieri wrote:

> Errata corrige.
>
> I didn't check 'till the end... Attachments now exist so they don't
> trigger a server-side error, unfortunately they are 0-sized
> attachments, whatever kind of RETURNFILETYPE I specify!

Please run faxrcvd/notify (set ServerTracing to 0xFFF first and take a
look at the invocation) by hand from the /var/spool/hylafax directory
and see what error message comes up.   You probably don't have uuencode
installed and haven't re-run faxsetup afterwards, if so.

Marcello Golfieri