Re: [hylafax-users] Intranet integration

Lee Howard wrote:
Richard Morris wrote:

A couple of years ago we wanted to have the fax server more integrated into our intranet and I was able to do that using the faxrcvd and faxnotify scripts.  It's not the greatest solution for outgoing faxes cause it relies on the fax that the sender will receive notification when the fax is done.  Since HylaFAX is being steadily enhanced, I was wondering if a mechanism had been developed that would allow us to import both sent and received faxes into our intranet regardless of the notification settings for outgoing faxes?

With HylaFAX+ you could do this with FaxAccounting.  (See: http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/xferfaxlog.php)

I searched the HylaFAX web site but couldn't find anything under the FAQ, How-To Guides or handbook sections.  I seem to remember this being discussed on the mailing list but couldn't find anything there either.  I think HylaFAX+ has some kind of accounting hook that could be used but didn't see anything on that web site either.

:-)  Look for FaxAccounting in the xferfaxlog man page.  It's fairly nondescriptively documented, as it would be difficult to be moreso.  It's easier just to see how it works and then use it from there.

Lee.
Hi Lee,

Thanks for the info.  I have been a little resistant switching from HylaFAX to HylaFAX+ but I think the ability to properly integrate our fax server into our intranet will be worth it.  I am surprised that the main HylaFAX doesn't have any hooks for this type of integration.

--
Richard Morris
Toll Free: (866) 960-3331

JPEG image

begin:vcard
fn:Richard Morris
n:Morris;Richard
adr:;;#101 - 937 Dunford Ave.;Victoria;BC;V9B 2S4;Canada
email;internet:richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
tel;work:(250) 474-6022
tel;fax:(250) 474-6099
x-mozilla-html:TRUE