Re: [hylafax-users] Modem speed and Paper width

John Warren wrote:

I often see best rates of 33.6Kbps but we always end up connection at 14.4Kbps even though I know the MainPine will do 33.6K. I know we have good lines plus I've even tried this locally and still can't get to 33.6K. Did I end up missing a parameter some place that controls this?

If you're using Class 1 instead of Class 1.0 then this will happen.

I also see hylafax using A4 page width even though we're sending US Letter PDF files. Again did I miss a parameter some place?

There are only three page widths: A4, B4, and A3. Letter size uses A4 width with either A4 length or unlimited length.