Re: [hylafax-users] Problem Receiving Faxes

Steven Jardine wrote:

One additional question: Do you have any recommendations for an internal modem that will send a DID or do you know of a way I can get my current modems to get the DID?

To get DID you need DID service to begin with. This is available on ISDN, T1 PRI, and similar services and also on "analog DID trunks".

Once you have DID service then you need to get that to the modem. Normally that's done in one of two ways.

1) the modem itself supports DID (because, for example, it is a T1 fax modem) and you enable it and capture DID like you do all other CallID elements.

2) your PBX supports DID and can signal the DID via DTMF to your modem that supports DTMF detection (usually a voice feature) after the modem takes the call off hook

All of this is well-discussed in the archives, man pages, and possibly even some in the HOWTO.