Re: [hylafax-users] Unspecified Transmit Phase C error with Class 1

Hi Andrea,

We have found multiple sources of 'wedging' on HylaFAX.  The most common
cause is a modem firmware 'malfunction' which results in the Controller
and/or DSP crashing.  However, other sources exist including hardware issues
(Agere Venus has an interrupt status bug for instance), and even serial
driver 'bugs' (yes, I know it's hard to believe but a lot is changing in the
Linux serial driver world).

The first thing to try is a modem firmware upgrade.  Second is to try a
different version of HylaFAX (this will subtly change the system timing and
has been observed to make a difference).  Third is to change the OS version.
Forth is to change the host hardware.  Fifth is to change the modem.

If none of these fix the issue then (and here's my plug) using a Mainpine
modem you can automatically reset the port from the 'wedged' process.

Regards

ANDREW RINALDI
Mainpine Limited - Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | Asia/Europe +44 1225 869439
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com