Re: [hylafax-users] 3com / USR feedback please

Michael Hallager wrote:

I tried Asterisk faxing over a fibre link without about 2ms latency and plenty of bandwidth to run highest quality codecs.

It was still lousy and very unreliable.

I don't think any combination of Asterisk will work properly, if at all.

Plenty of people use Asterisk PBXes and send fax through them. It all has to do with the setup. If by "fibre link with about 2ms latency and plenty of bandwidth" you mean that you were trying to fax over SIP or IAX or some other VoIP connection, then I don't think that you're making any new revelations. However, if you have PSTN connections running into your Asterisk PBX, and if you run IAXmodem over the loopback interface to Asterisk and HylaFAX on the same box, then many people have found that to be reliable.