Re: [hylafax-users] RECV send RTN (retrain negative), class2

Lee Howard <faxguy <at> howardsilvan.com> writes:

> Mark Tilles wrote:
>
> >>What problems were you having in Class 1 that convinced you that you
> >>needed to switch to Class 2?
> >>
> >>Lee.
> >>
> >Odd, Lee, faxaddmodem only lets me set up these modems as class1 or class2.
> >Won't let me do 2.0 or 2.1, says the modem only has support for classes 1
> >and 2. And I do have their latest 8.19j firmware.
> >

> It must be the V.90 version of the modem (versus the V.92 version).  I
> had a few of these at one time.
>
> >If I recall correctly with class1 I was getting "Unspecified phase D" errors
> >and this was occurring from numerous senders - and when I changed back to
> >class2 this went away.
> >

> "Unspecified Phase D error" is a Class 2 (only) error message.
>
> Lee.

O.K., quite obviously I am not recalling correctly ... is this due to age, or
what?  In any case, hopefully next week I will have time to go in and
reconfigure the system modem in question as class 1 and after a few days
hopefully see what the actual errors were - I'll post a follow-up then.  Would
you most generally suspect a noisy line causing this symptom?

Thanks Lee,

*/Mark