Re: [hylafax-users] status line

Christophorus Laube wrote:

My only problem is that my old fax printed a status head line on every page of every fax it received which contains date, CallerID, page number and some more information.

An example of how to do something like this can be found here:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/tweaking.php#ss6.12

Look specifically for the part, "Here is an example customization <http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/misc/overlay-recv-inc.sh> which shows how to overlay data on-top of all pages of a received fax image before mailing the resulting image off as a PDF."

Undoubtedly you'll want to customize that. The example is merely an example. You'll particularly want to notice this part in the include script:

   tiffsplit /var/spool/hylafax/$FILE
   echo $COMMID | textfmt -B > overlay.ps
   for PAGEFILE in *.tif; do
       tiff2ps $PAGEFILE | sed 's/^showpage//g' >> finaldoc.ps
       cat overlay.ps >> finaldoc.ps
   done
   ps2pdf finaldoc.ps finaldoc.pdf
   encode finaldoc.pdf

The "overlay.ps" file is a Postscript file that you will need to generate that includes the data that you want to place over the fax image - and that's where you'll need to probably do most of your customization (creating the overlay the way you want it, with the data you need). Again, that's mostly just a sample to get you started.