Re: [hylafax-users] Not being sent notify email

On 4/11/07, Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
George H wrote:

> I think I am using the stock notify script. All I have is the
> etc/FaxNotify  file that describes some options.

Well, there is no "stock" FaxNotify. So I'm not sure what yours says... but it's probably fine.

> I made a test without
> the "-t done" argument in faxmail in the master.cf file of postfix.
> No notification email sent (even though "Notify: done" is inside
> /usr/lib/fax/hfaxd.conf).

I wouldn't ever count on hfaxd.conf settings to affect anything as far as job submissions go - if anything they're only defaults for clients that do not specify them. The client will override any job setting. You can override the client by using JobControl.

> It seems for me I need to put the -t done
> argument in master.cf and when I do I get 2 notification emails (note
> that both emails are not the same).

What are the two notificiation mails? How are they different?

OK, the emails came in this order

1st:   Subject: facsimile job 32 to Test Destination" " (123456) completed
2nd:  Subject: facsimile job 32 to 123456 done

The contents of the first email shows the pdf attachments and it seems
to take my settings in the FaxNotify script (to decrease tech info
...etc)