Re: [hylafax-users] Modem ttyS0 (): Waiting for modem to come ready

kubota2550@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm getting the above error with a USR sportster 336 faxmodem. All appears to set up correctly and I've run faxgetty init. Sometimes this error goes off and it says Initializing server and sets there. Either way, I can't send out.

I originally had a Hayes Accura intalled but always got no carrier detected error so I switched to this modem

In your modem config file change ServerTracing to 0xFFF and then restart faxgetty. When you get the error take a look at your syslog (/var/log/messages or whatever) and grep out the FaxGetty entries and look at the last ones and see what's going on. If you can't make sense of it send those last FaxGetty entries (maybe showing from when it is working to when it is not) to me and I'll take a look.