Re: [hylafax-users] Faxing of Word's DOC files.

On Friday 09 February 2007 13:18, Eliran Itzhak wrote:
> Hello All !
> I'm using Hylafax 4.3.1 on FC6.
> I would like to use /etc/hylafax/typerules to convert Word files (XP/2003)
> to PDF before sending.
> Has anyone done that ? I'd appreciate some pointers.

You'd need to bolt the .doc import filter out of OpenOffice.org directly onto
some PostScript or PDF export code.  Somebody may have done this already.

You might have more joy, though, using Hylafax as a shared printer.  Use the
Apple LaserWriter II driver  (which produces pure PostScript that Hylafax can
handle natively)  on your Windows boxes.  This way, you will be using MS
Word's own .doc rendering engine rather than OOo's.

--
AJS