Re: [hylafax-users] a quickie

Peter Verhoeven wrote:

I'm seeing all the Blocked jobs (say in WHFC, with a 'B' State and a
status of 'Blocked by concurrent calls', but they just stay there
forever or until I restart Hylafax in which case one of the Blocked jobs
gets sent but the remainder stay Blocked again forever, until the next
time I restart Hylafax and then again only the next Blocked job is sent,
but the remainder always stays blocked.

Is this the problem that is a known bug, or do I have a unique situation
on my hands?

It sounds exactly like the one that I described and fixed in HylaFAX+, yes. No, it does not seem to be a unique issue from what I've seen.

Also, how is batching enabled/disabled or how can I check the status of
this?

Batching is typically enabled by setting "MaxBatchJobs: 64" in your faxq config file (/var/spool/hylafax/etc/config). Disable it by using "1" instead of "64". It is probably enabled by default.

However, individual destinations may have batching disabled in the destination's info file (/var/spool/hylafax/info/__). In there it is disabled with "supportsBatching:no". "yes" enables it, obviously.

My guess is that your info file has it disabled for this particular destination.

What I'd really like is for the concurrent call blocking to be
completely gone. i.e. I don't care that Hylafax thinks it's a concurrent
call (in my case all these blocked calls are handled by a virtual line
that does it's own queueing anyway). I have set MaxConcurrentJobsS* to
9999 for every ttyS* but no difference...

It's "MaxConcurrentCalls" now, but yes, faxq should be backwards compatible to understand "MaxConcurrentJobs". Note, however, that there is no trailing "S*" on the end of what I just typed. If you're looking at some on-line documentation it will put a couple of characters after the correct text because of the way that man2html works. Note that I have gone through some effort to resolve that in the on-line manpages at sourceforge:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/hylafax-config.php

So what you probably want in your faxq configuration file is this:

MaxConcurrentCalls: 99