Re: [hylafax-users] FAX Quality

Sekhar Lakkoju wrote:

1) How to Improve the FAX Quality? The page i received is not readle. expecially the small fond letters. Even the file size doubles, it should be fine with me.

As a receiver you have very little capability to determine the resolution or quality of the fax that the sender transmits. The best you can do is support high resolutions and support ECM and then you present those options to the sender and hope that the sender picks what is best. Your setup should be already doing this by default.

2) How to convert the tiff to pdf & how to receive emails of fax received? I configured FaxDistpath & sendmail as per forum instructions. my send mail is working fine.

It should simply be a matter of creating /var/spool/hylafax/FaxDispatch (note the spelling!) and putting this in there:

 FILETYPE=pdf
 SENDTO=your@xxxxxxxxx

If you do not have uuencode on your system you may need to install the sharutils package and then re-run faxsetup before this will work.