Re: [hylafax-users] "blocked"

Roman Hultay wrote:

What is a "blocked" exit status from sendfax? What does it mean?

I think that you're misusing the term "exit status"... but assuming that you mean that the job you submit ends up "blocked"...

In HylaFAX "blocked" means that an additional call to that destination cannot be made due to a limitation by MaxConcurrentCalls in your faxq config file. I think that the default for this is 1, and so if you already have a call placed there then it will block until the call is complete.

If you have multiple jobs blocked to the same destination then when the destination becomes unblocked then those jobs can eventually get sent *together* - in a fashion which we call "batching". That's the default behavior, anyway.