Re: [hylafax-users] Users Permissions

mohammed.yym@xxxxxxxx wrote:

I have a hylafax server pool and I am using MoviFax with it. I want a way such that a specific user can see only his own faxes status and another user can see all faxes. And I want the ability for a specific user to permit any chosen user to see his own faxes .

Are these features available in hylafax and movifax? How to configure them?

You may be able to accomplish this by chmod and chown'ing the received files in FaxDispatch and using JobProtection for outbound jobs.

As far as the users having abilities to independently decide groups of other users that should be allowed to view a particular fax - this would largely be not possible with HylaFAX as it is - the user could allow all other users to view their faxes, but not subsets of the entire group other then restricting it to themselves.

My guess is that you want to employ/develop some application that uses HylaFAX for faxing, but does what you really want for data management and control.