Re: [hylafax-users] setup of a modem

Dave Forrest wrote:

I ran faxsetup and had a small glitch as i needed to enable a couple of sequences in the config.ttyS1 file that were not handled by the faxaddmodem script (I don't know why as the modem was recognized by the script)

Sometimes feature support or bugs on a modem can change status between firmware revisions. faxaddmodem isn't smart enough to look at the firmware revisions and decide which things should handled differently.

So right now the hope is that faxaddmodem will work most of the time for most things for most users - but in the exceptions people will need to read the config files and the hylafax-config man page and try to make sense of any problems.