[hylafax-users] Question on send-only faxing

HI,

I found the following concerning send-only faxing:
Send-only configurations can be implemented by not running the /faxgetty/ program on ports where fax modems reside (though doing this can reduce the effectiveness of the load-balancing work done by the queuer). Receive-only configurations can be implemented by running only the /faxgetty/ program on ports where fax modems reside.

I have faxq and hfaxd both running and without the faxgetty program running
no faxes go out.

What am I missing so I can remove the faxgetty from /etc/inittab and
still have my faxes go out?

Thanks,

Jerry