Re: [hylafax-users] Need help on next step(s)

Terry Dobbs wrote:

I have a US Robotics Sportster External Modem, using Class 1. The PBX we
are using is a Nortel Meridian Option 11. We are looking at getting
another number with some DIDs to use just for fax purposes. We are not
currently using ISDN.

I can't explain to you exactly what you need to do on your Nortel box, but basically what you want is for it to dial the DID digits as DTMF after the modem picks up the call and before it bridges the incoming call through.

Also, I don't know if your modems support voice (AT+FCLASS=? response contains an "8") or IS-101 DTMF detection and reporting from the voice mode, but if it does, then in your modem config files you'll want to use the "CallIDPattern: SHIELDED_DTMF" option. Take a look at:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/hylafax-config.php

and search for "SHIELDED_DTMF". There is a sample configuration there. Make sure that you set RingsBeforeAnswer to 0 as you'll not be fax-answering based on rings any more, but rather based on DTMF digits. Basically what you're trying to do is to throw the modem temporarily into voice mode when the call is answered, watch for DTMF and collect the digits, and then throw it back into fax mode and start the usual fax-answering at that point. The DTMF digits are then passed along to faxrcvd and FaxDispatch and you can utilize them from there with $CALLIDn from there.