Re: [hylafax-users] Mime converters...

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

I've done precisely what was described on tihis web site.
But first, I tried attaching a PS file (generated by my mac), I got
the pleasure to receive a 45 pages fax several minutes later :)

Same thing with PDF (with the converter installed), all I get is a fax
with the mime as text...

Any ideas?

I'm sure that we could figure things out and utimately get faxmail working for you... first you'd want to run faxmail by hand and see the output from your scripting, etc...

However, you seem like an astute-enough fellow that maybe you'd ultimately be better off in creating your own faxmail replacement. I've done this numerous times with a simple shell script and a few dozen lines of shell code - using 'uudecode' - and it ends up making everything a lot more customizable than you'll get with faxmail. Maybe you'd be interested in going that route?