Re: [hylafax-users] response to +fclass

Madsen Wikholm wrote:

I've got an iTegno GSM modem that I'm trying to get installed for hylafax. The problem seems to be that the response to +fclass=? includes the +fclass: string upfront which apparently is not valid.
I've seen patches mentioned that might solve this problem but I'm unable to find any patches. If there are some patches maybe someone could point me in the right direction or if none exist, maybe someone could point me to the right place in the code to start braking things.

Either Conexant or Linuxant did that +FCLASS: prefixing stuff at one point in time in the past. I believe that they fixed it in later firmware revisions.

I worked on some patches at some point in time in the past to work around the issue, and the problem reporter was testing them. However, ultimately it turned out that the problem wasn't just with +FCLASS=?, but with many, many different kinds of responses, some during the fax session itself... and working around them posed a bigger problem than was initially expected, and so the workarounds never were fully developed because the problem reporter ended up going back to the modem manufacturer for a fixed firmware.

If, truly, the error is only with +FCLASS=? response then you can use this in your modem config file to work around the problem:

ModemClassQueryCmd: "!0,1"