Re: [hylafax-users] sendmail -i mystring

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:

Of course,
using your version of HylaFAX+, you end up with known conditions that
still cause faxq to segfault...

If you'd like to file a bug report and cooperate with feedback I'm sure that can be addressed.

Unfortunately, bugs are only found when software is used... The more
use, the sooner bugs get shaken out...

I could not agree more.

It would be darn near impossible to get a perfect release of that out
first time...  but we're working towards that, with or without you...

What we have isn't perfect, but it's pretty powerful, and "pretty good".

My wording was too strong, and I apologize for that. I really wasn't trying to start up a debate over the issue. I just wanted to get the point across to the op because he missed that point in my first reply.

I don't expect anything to be perfect. I do find, however, that the 4.3.1 changes to mail notifications is a step or more in multiple wrong directions, and I was disheartened that when I mentioned this both on Bugzilla and on hylafax-devel that I was largely ignored.

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/docs/hylafax-differences.php#mailscripts

In this case I suspect we'll just both have our different opinions on the matter, and that's fine I guess.