Re: [hylafax-users] sendmail -i mystring

* Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [061218 16:23]:

> I'm willing to bet that 4.3.1 is the problem - they screwed a lot of
> stuff up in 4.3.1 default mail notifications for no good reason.  Use
> HylaFAX+ 5.0.2 instead.
>
>  http://hylafax.sourceforge.net

I guess "screwed up for no good reason" is subjective... Of course,
using your version of HylaFAX+, you end up with known conditions that
still cause faxq to segfault...

Sure - I'll admit that in 4.3.1, there are rough edges around the
templating, but it's *major* new functionality, allowing administrators
to:

1) *completely* customize the total look and feel of the e-mails sent
2) without having to touch shell code
3) use whatever editor they are comfortable with (notepad, VS, etc), not
   having to working about CRLF issues, shell code syntax, etc....

Unfortunately, bugs are only found when software is used...  The more
use, the sooner bugs get shaken out...

It would be darn near impossible to get a perfect release of that out
first time...  but we're working towards that, with or without you...

What we have isn't perfect, but it's pretty powerful, and "pretty good".

a.

aidan@xxxxxxxxxxx                                       command like a king,