Re: [hylafax-users] Safely rename incoming faxes

APS wrote:

I would like to rename incoming faxes in order to do a better client management.
I thought to place a move or rename command in FaxDispatch script but my doubt is if it's safe. When Hylafax calls faxrcvd the file is already saved to disk and into log file the filename is written.
If I rename the file there Hylafax will be able to handle it during post-receive operations? (I was thinking about cron operations, statistics, dunno what else).
I can rename it safely? Or there's a way to let hylafax generate a different filename when modem rings?

You can safely rename the TIFF file in FaxDispatch without adversely affecting the default faxrcvd file if you make sure to modify $FILE and $FILENAME to reflect your changes. If you don't care about the rest of faxrcvd then adding an "exit" at the end of FaxDispatch will work.