Re: [hylafax-users] Initializing server

Radha Krishna wrote:

I have used different box to install Hylafax now, i have successfully installed. but am not able to send fax. when i see the faxstat it was showing me
"Waiting for modem to come ready" . I restarted the multitech modem stil it was same problem later i restarted the server it self. now its showing me Initializing Server but in the Status if you see its "W". Could kindly help me resolve this.
"HylaFAX scheduler on cauvery: Running
Modem ttyb (+91.80.25222886): Initializing server
JID Pri S Owner Number Pages Dials TTS Status
65 127 W root 25222884 0:0 0:12

"W" means that faxq is waiting for a modem to become available. Thus faxgetty either isn't running or isn't able to initialize the modem for some reason. The idea would be to set ServerTracing in your modem config file to 0xFFF, restart faxgetty, and let's see what syslog says.