Re: [hylafax-users] Installing hylafax

On 12/6/06, Darren Nickerson <darren.nickerson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Sasa Ostrouska" <casaxa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Darren,
>
> I have tried with your suggestion but as you can see in the attached file
> i have the same negative result. The hylafax was compilled in the
> following
> dir:
> sasa@rcserver:/tmp$ ls -l
> total 1
> drwxr-xr-x 21 sasa users 1232 2006-11-28 09:51 hylafax-4.3.0/
> drwxr-xr-x  2 sasa users   48 2006-11-28 09:46 package-hylafax/
>
> Also in /tmp I have created the DESTDIR dir and you see that the
> permissions are ok for those dirs. So the result is an empty dir
> package-hylafax.
>
> Attached you can see the log of the command
> make install DESTDIR=/tmp/package-hylafax
>
> Hope someone can clarify me.

As others have mentioned, HylaFAX's configure script is not what you may be
used to from autoconf. Here's an example of how a lot of things (including
paths) can be set when configuring HylaFAX. Many of the values below are RPM
macros which won't exist in your environment, but hopefully you get this
idea:

./configure \
        --with-DIR_BIN=%{_bindir} \
        --with-DIR_SBIN=%{_sbindir} \
        --with-DIR_LIB=%{_libdir} \
        --with-DIR_LIBEXEC=%{_sbindir} \
        --with-DIR_LIBDATA=%{_sysconfdir}/hylafax \
        --with-DIR_LOCKS=%{_var}/lock \
        --with-LIBDIR=%{_libdir} \
        --with-TIFFBIN=%{_bindir} \
        --with-DIR_MAN=%{_mandir} \
        --with-PATH_GSRIP=%{_bindir}/gs \
        --with-DBLIBINC=%{_includedir} \
        --with-LIBTIFF="-ltiff -ljpeg -lz" \
        --with-DIR_SPOOL=%{faxspool} \
        --with-AFM=no \
        --with-AWK=/usr/bin/gawk \
        --with-PATH_VGETTY=/sbin/vgetty \
        --with-PATH_GETTY=/sbin/mgetty \
        --with-HTML=no \
        --with-PAGESIZE=A4 \
        --with-PATH_DPSRIP=%{faxspool}/bin/ps2fax \
        --with-PATH_IMPRIP="" \
        --with-SYSVINIT=%{initdir}/hylafax \
        --with-INTERACTIVE=no

Using this approach, you should be able to make a package that locates
itself exactly where you want it to.

-Darren

Dear Darren,

I got the idea, and I also have no problem to set up the various program paths.
My main problem is the -root option in the make install phase to get
all the parts into a
temporasry dir to pack them later.
As you know make install DESTDIR=/path/to does not work.
So what should I use instead ?
./configure --with-ROOT=/some/path ?
or
make install -root=/some/path ?