Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax Fax to Email

--- Geoffrey <esoteric@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Pedro wrote:
>
> >> (2) test to ensure sendmail is the default MTA
> > Type
> >
> > which sendmail
> >
> > at the shell, it should return something like this
> (or
> > similar),
> >
> > /usr/sbin/sendmail
> >
> > otherwise your distro is using a different MTA
>
> Not necessarily.  The existence of
> /usr/sbin/sendmail does not indicate
> the MTA used.  I use postfix, yet /usr/sbin/sendmail
> would exist, had I
> not explicitly removed it.

You costumized your installation. I recall Red Hat
including more than one MTA years ago. I don't know
how things are now because it was a bit long ago when
I did my last server installation.

>  A better solution for
> determining which MTA
> is used would be to look for the daemon, or query
> your system configuration.

There are more than one way to determine what's
installed in your system :-)