Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax will stop receiving faxes...

John Warren wrote:

It's never hung withing a session as sessions always complete. It will just
not answer any additional calls until you SIGHUP the faxgetty.

When the modem is not answering calls you should be able to minicom to that modem (before/without restarting faxgetty) and watch RING messages. Is this correct? After exiting minicom faxgetty should reinitialize the modem and it should also respond to the RINGs.

What I'm trying to determine here is if the problem is with the modem not reporting RINGs or if faxgetty has, indeed, hung.

If you don't see RING messages in minicom then the problem is with the modem itself and not HylaFAX.

We had a report last week that some of the code could theoretically cause faxgetty to hang as a child faxgetty process exited. The reporter admitted that they never were able to make the hang occur in anything other than a contrived scenario, and to my knowledge you're the only one reporting this matter, so I don't know how likely this could be your problem... however, the fix to that matter can be found in HylaFAX+ 4.3.0.8.