Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax/cisco call duration mismatch

anthony andrew wrote:

I would expect jobtime to be h323-disconnect - h323-setup and conntime=h323-disconnect - h323-connect, jobtime is ok but conntime seems to be h323-fax-relay-stop - h323fax-relay-start. If this is true, I don't see a way to know the real duration of the call ie. fax transmision plus t38 negotiation and tear down which is what I will be charged for by my undercarrier.

There's really no extremely accurate way on the DTE-side of the connection to know exactly when the remote answered the call and then exactly when the call was disconnected. The best we can do is to start when we get the first connection response and then end when we get the OK after the hangup request.

Inevitably this measurement will be off by a number of seconds on each call. If you need extremely accurate measurements for connection time I suggest that you get that data from elsewhere, if possible. Otherwise, just add 5-10 seconds (you figure out the average difference) to each call.