Re: [hylafax-users] Which Distro offers a working Email-to-fax and fax-to-Email gateway ?

> Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
>
>>Il giorno gio, 13/07/2006 alle 00.40 +0800, Uwe Dippel ha scritto:
>>[...]
>>

>>>Otherwise:
>>>faxmail -n -d uwe@1234567 udippel < /etc/hylafax/faxcover.ps
>>>Password:
>>>faxmail: Login failed: 530 Login incorrect..
>>>

>>faxmail is probably connecting to hylafax using a fixed user, or using
>>the current unix user. In this cas you may add that user to hylafax and
>>set hylafax for accepting this connection without a password. this is
>>done using 'faxadduser' command.
>>

> Thanks.
> This brings me back to square one, though. (See 'Subject')
[...]

I do believe Debian has a working gateway email-to-fax (faxmail) and
fax-to-email (notify).

I understand you have problems in the email-to-fax gateway. I don't use
it, but from what I understand from the man page, faxmail uses the current
user when connecting to hylafax.

I would setup a faxmail configuration this way:

1. create an account for faxmail user. Every email sent to this account is
handled by 'faxmail' command;
2. create a user in hylafax with faxadduser, without password;
3. create a rule in postfix to call faxmail on that emails. Pass '-u
username' to faxmail, where username is the user created in 2.

May you try it?