[hylafax-users] install hylafax

I am trying to install a 'sendfax' capability on Kubuntu 6.06/OpenOffice 2, and I understand that Hylafax can provide this.

When I look in Adept, I see that hylafax-client hylafax-doc and hylafax-server are listed as 'not installed'. So I try:

fred@fred-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install hylafax-server hylafax-client hylafax-doc

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree... Done

liblockfile1 libpaper-utils libtiff-tools mailx mime-codecs postfix ssl-cert

Suggested packages:

mgetty-viewfax man2html httpd-cgi mgetty libtiff-opengl procmail

postfix-mysql postfix-pgsql postfix-ldap postfix-pcre sasl2-bin

Recommended packages:

metamail resolvconf

The following NEW packages will be installed

hylafax-client hylafax-doc hylafax-server liblockfile1 libpaper-utils

libtiff-tools mailx mime-codecs postfix ssl-cert

0 upgraded, 10 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

E: Could not get lock /var/cache/apt/archives/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)

E: Unable to lock the down

As a Linux-newbie (and an even newer hylafax-newbie). I haven't the foggiest idea what this means.

I have also downloaded Hylafax-4.3.0, untarred it, and it's sitting in my Home folder, together with

Ghostscript and Ghostscript-Fonts (both also untarred), which I also understand that I need. But when I try to install Hylafax-4.3.0, I get:

fred@fred-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install hylafax-4.3.0

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree... Done

E: Couldn't find package hylafax-4.3.0

fred@fred-desktop:~$

Where do I go from here? Can someone help please?

Thanks

Fred

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions